Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly or Annual

There are several advantages of keeping records up to date on a frequent basis. One of them is that you then can have regular profit & loss reports to find out how you are doing which can highlight areas needing attention. But if you have VAT or CIS then monthly or quarterly filing is required. If you don’t have VAT or CIS and don’t want regular reports, then quarterly or annual may be more suited to you.


If you come under the “Construction Industry Scheme” then we can help you with getting sub contractors verified, filing your monthly return and sending your sub contractors their monthly statements.

If you are a sub contractor we can ensure the tax deducted is correct and keep a record of CIS tax paid ready for your self assessment.


Using Sage payroll solutions we can sort your monthly payroll and enter the appropriate journals into your accounts software. At year end we would deal with the P60’s for each staff member and P11d if appropriate and file your year end return.

Bank Reconciliations

By doing regular bank reconciliations you know that everything is being entered that goes through your bank. You know how much cash is available in your account(s). It is also a good way of ensuring that all transactions are genuine and that no errors have been made on either side.

Management Accounts

By having your accounts up to date you can have regular management accounts. Profit & Loss accounts and balance sheets as well as tailor made reports specific to your own requirements. These will all help to analyse your business to see its strengths and weaknesses (if it has any!)

Nominal ledger


These can be a handy way of knowing exactly what revenue you need to bring into the company and a very useful way of keeping overheads down. These can be produced as part of your management accounts.

Cashflow & Debt Control

Good management of cashflow is always important, so that you have the funds ready to pay creditors and of course HMRC and wage bills. Debt control is also a vital part of that cash flow. We can help with both of these.

Solar Insurance

I am offering a new service to my clients which will cover your bookkeeping and accountant fees should you have a HMRC inspection (be it VAT, personal tax or anything else from HMRC). Click on 'Solar Insurance Image' to see more details...